- Manage the onboarding of new projects, overseeing the entire process from PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) to final delivery.
- Utilize your extensive experience in programming machined castings to develop efficient CNC programs for complex parts.
- Select appropriate tooling for various machining processes, optimizing productivity and maintaining high-quality standards.
- Provide valuable input on fixturing design, collaborating with cross-functional teams to enhance manufacturing processes.
- Apply your expertise in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to interpret engineering drawings and ensure accurate part specifications.
- Program CNC machines and perform machine setups to facilitate the production of intricate and challenging components.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to manufacturing processes, ensuring smooth and efficient production runs.
- Continuously improve existing manufacturing processes to increase productivity and reduce cycle times.
- Collaborate with design and quality teams to ensure seamless integration of new parts into the production process.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements, incorporating best practices to enhance manufacturing efficiency.
- Proficient in programming software such as Partmaker or Mastercam
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in programming parts such as castings.
- Solid grasp of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles to interpret engineering drawings accurately.
- Ability to select appropriate tooling and provide valuable input on fixturing design to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and experience managing projects from PO to final delivery.
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field-preferred or 4 years of proven equivalent manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies preferred but not required.