Just 10 minutes from I-90, New Dimensions is a fast-growing industry leading precision machining business in the Marengo-Union area. Our mission is to provide our customers with the finest quality parts at a competitive price, with dependable, on time delivery. Our company-wide goal is customer satisfaction, process management, continuous improvement, and employee involvement to ensure success for our customers and the company. We are looking for a responsible individual to maintain operations on our first shift. The right candidate will effectively work autonomously and have the ability to set up, run, and inspect parts throughout the shift while being able to troubleshoot common manufacturing issues. Primarily will be working with turning CNC’s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Can set up and run new jobs with little assistance from floor lead.
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Reworks and calibrates production parts or assemblies and machine tooling as required; checks each component for accuracy.
- Accurately follow posted work instructions
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management (machine and house maintenance).
- Load and unload parts in and out of a CNC machine
- 1 year minimum related experience
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools
- Reads blueprints
- Excellent communication and basic math skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
1st Shift: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm
** $250 Sign on Bonus after 90 day probationary period**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Machining: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location